Students and parents who are motivated to begin and support a college preparatory /career readiness education while attending 7th or 8th grade.
Students for Soar Prep Academy will be recruited from current sixth and seventh grade students in 34 regional elementary and middle schools.
Completed application which includes the following:
- Withdrawal Paperwork (needed for students whom are currently enrolled in a K-8 or 7-8 Intermediate/Middle School)
- 6th or 7th grade report card – first and second semester reports
- Valid state-issued identification
- Utility bill for address verification
- Current Immunization records, including TDAP
- Completed School History Form
- Home Language Survey
- Custodial Law Notification
- Completed Emergency Sheet
- Completed Tech Agreement
• Academies of the Antelope Valley schools will not discriminate against students on the basis of disability in any of its programs, services, and activities, including admission.
• AAV Schools offer the full range of special education and related aids and services based on the individual needs of an enrolled student with a disability, and will inquire about a student’s disability, if any, and related documentation only after the student has been accepted for enrollment and for the purpose of providing the student a free, appropriate, public education (FAPE) and an equal opportunity to participate in AAV Schools services, programs, and activities.
• For information regarding the District’s efforts to comply with Section 504 and Title II, including responding to complaints of disability discrimination, please contact the office of Ms. Shandelyn Williams, Assistant Superintendent of Student Services at 661-729-2321.